Certificate Completion Program
For Experienced Educators
Your Classroom Experience Should Count
While training is important, we at Great Lakes Waldorf Institute (GLWI) want to honor and acknowledge your years of classroom teaching experience as well as any training you may have already completed as we help you work toward your Waldorf Teacher Training certificate of completion. With these goals in mind, we offer a Certificate Completion Program (CCP) for active teachers without a formal Waldorf training credential who wish to earn an AWSNA affiliated certificate of completion.
The nature of this program is extremely individualized and will vary from teacher to teacher depending on previous experience and training. In order to learn how the program can be individualized for you, request a review of the credits you may have earned through another training institute as well as an evaluation of experience through a demonstration of mastery in specific subject areas as a result of previous teaching experience. The review fee for this comprehensive evaluation is $50. Once the review is complete, GLWI will be able to recommend a specific course of study designed to support you as you move toward completion of your certificate. In a conversation with the Program Director, you will be able to discuss and finalize course selection and gain clarification about how our program will not only draw from but also enhance your classroom practice and experiences.
Prerequisites and Program Features
- In order to apply for the CCP for Experience Educators, teachers must have at least 8 years of Waldorf classroom teaching experience at an AWSNA affiliated Waldorf School.
- Whether a student is seeking a Certificate only or a Master of Arts Degree, GLWI’s program is conducted at a graduate-level. Thus, students should have proof of a bachelor’s degree before admission to the 3-year sequence, although there is no specific major of study or degree area required. If a practicing teacher is without a bachelor’s degree, they may appeal to the Core Faculty to be admitted to the CCP only – but will not be eligible to receive credit towards a Master’s degree.
- To earn a GLWI certificate of completion, at least 16 (40%) of your credits must be earned through our program, including up to a possible 10 credits (25%) awarded by GLWI as result of previous classroom teaching experience.
- We will accept up to 24 comparable transfer credits (60%) from other AWSNA affiliated training institutes with appropriate documentation.
- Each of our Grades or Early Childhood certificate programs provides a 600 hour (40 credit) + teacher development experience, including 45 hours of fieldwork, an 8 week teaching practicum, and faculty advising.
- A Master of Arts in Education with a Waldorf Emphasis is also available by adding three additional 3-credit research courses (135 additional hours), through our partnership with Mount Mary College. Students seeking a graduate degree from Mount Mary must also apply to the Graduate Education Department of Mount Mary College. Transcripts are required.
To apply to the GLWI program, you will need to complete and submit a Student Application Form 2016 along with required attachments. In addition to the standard program application process, GLWI will conduct a program credit review for admission to the Certificate Completion Program. In order to begin this process, you must submit a transcript of any completed courses through other Waldorf training institutes verifying the course content and the number of hours spent in each course. Transcripts should be forwarded to GLWI in hard copy at 2110 N. 69th Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53213, or online at email@example.com. You may be granted credit for some or all of your previously documented course work. The GLWI Core Faculty will make all transfer credit decisions. You will also need to complete an Experience Evaluation Application documenting your years in the classroom and any expertise you may have in specific subject areas. Additionally, you will need to submit a current resume of your experience and pay the $50 review fee. The Core Faculty will review your application, previous degrees, and experience, and will make an admissions decision and course recommendations. Our program operates on a rolling admissions cycle and students can enter either in summer or spring semester during any year of the program. It is important to GLWI, as an AWSNA developing institute, both to recognize the accomplishments of our many experienced Waldorf teachers as well as to uphold a high standard of teacher education. We hope you find that this new opportunity through the Experienced Educator Certificate Completion program provides both. We look forward to working with you!
CCP Independent Study Courses
Because a CCP student may need to work with an advisor to take an Independent Study course specifically to fulfill a particular requirement, one may register for such courses on this page. Once such an Independent Study Course has been approved by your advisor, will you then be permitted to use the shopping cart below as a way to register and pay your tuition and fees using a credit card or otherwise via PayPal. Tuition for Independent Study courses is $545 per credit. Thank you!
- CCP Course
- CCP Independent Study
- Product Options
# Option Price 1 1 credit CCP tuition $545.00 2 2 credits CCP tuition $1,090.00 3 3 credits CCP tuition $1,635.00 4 4 credits CCP tuition $2,180.00 5 Credit review fee $50.00
- Shipping Rate: F
CHOOSE A COURSE FROM THE FOLLOWING MENU TO REGISTER